The IT component in your business is expensive so you want to make sure that you are working with the right vendor. Unfortunately, there are so many today that distinguishing between them is not only confusing, it is time consuming. To help you out we have here tips that you can use as a guide. They will help you narrow down on a vendor a lot faster.
- It is always best to buy everything from one vendor. We are not just talking about computers and laptops. You should be looking for someone who can supply all your electronics including copiers, scanners, faxes, phones and everything else of this nature that you need to run your business. They should also be able to supply you with ink and paper. Having one vendor saves you time and it also means that you can get significant discounts.
- It also helps if the vendor can supply you with software. If you use a specialized kind they may not be able to provide it but if you don’t need very specific software they should be able to supply and install.
- Do they do maintenance? If you buy from a company that also does maintenance you are better off because your computers and other equipment are getting serviced by someone who is familiar with them. Schedule regular maintenance – it can save you from replacing equipment for a long time.
- Who is their flagship distributor? In other words, where do they get the equipment that they sell to you? Ideally, you are looking for a company that works with the big manufacturers – they tend to make more reliable equipment and they are better at dealing with returned items.
- Find out what they charge compared to a few other IT vendors in the area. There are some companies that sell for higher than average prices because they are used to dealing with big business. Do comparison shopping of 3 or 4 sellers before you make a decision.
- What kind of discounts can you get? You may end up saving a lot of money over the years if you work with a company that gives good discounts.
Lastly, never settle on an IT vendor before you check out their background. Do they have unhappy comments and if so why? If you find more than a few you should keep looking.…